Joined forces: disc screen & windshifter
Made by Bulk Handling Systems & Nihot
The SDS and SDi windshifters are generating a precise heavy / light separation for a large variety of waste streams. The DRS disc screen is the accurate sizing tool for a precise fraction size. With both in line you will have the perfect combination for an unbeatable performance.
More and more references of this combination are operational and can be found in China, Czech Republic, Costa Rica, Romania, Poland, Finland, etc.
DRS disc screen
The DRS (BHS Debris Roll Screen®) is the premiere sizing tool for Single Stream, Municipal Solid Waste (MSW), Construction and Demolition (C&D) waste, wood waste, compost, green waste, plastics, glass, tires and various other materials.
BHS Tri-Disc™ Technology
The unique BHS Tri-Discs™ are in-line from shaft-to-shaft, creating a precise opening for highly-accurate material sizing. Their hardened steel, triangular shape provides superior material agitation and true sizing in a small footprint.
- Due to the special in-line configuration, shape (Tri-Disc™) and specific timing of the discs, long and flexible items are unlikely to wrap.
- The special designed Tri-Discs generates a very effective ‘wave-like agitation’ to liberate the material while transporting over the screen deck.
- Strong, completely solid and hardened discs.
- First 1-3 shafts are used as impact shafts.
- Inclined and declined decks available, depending on the nature of the waste.
- Available in single, double and triple deck variations.
- Double and triple decks impart a ‘waterfall’ effect, flipping material to ensure complete separation