The Nihot Windshifter has a proven high operational reliability. It separates and/or upgrades various waste streams, such as:
- Single stream (e.g. commingled recyclables)
- Construction & demolition waste
- Commercial & industrial waste
- And more
It is typically used to separate light materials from heavy, fraction sizes of 5-400 mm.
Effective and reliable waste separation
The Nihot Windshifter offers effective segregation, with a high separation efficiency of up to 99%. It is a perfect separating solution based on density and size of the material at high capacities of up to 100 tonnes/hour.
A few other characteristics and benefits:
- Low dust emission thanks to controlled circular airflow
- Maximum control of the caloric value
- Low maintenance and few wear parts
- Proven reliability, reduced downtime
- Flexible footprint, Combi Separator can be placed anywhere
Details and principles windshifter
The Nihot Windshifter is a combination of a recirculation fan, a separation unit and a combi separator.
It separates the input into two fractions, light and heavy. In the separation unit (the sifter unit) the heavy materials are separated from the light materials. The lighter materials are transported (by controlled air flows) to the combi separator, where the materials will be separated from the air stream. In stead of a combi separator, a rotary air separator can be used in a windshifting system.
Types of Windsifters
The Windshifter is standardized and it is available in various designs, with effective widths of 500 mm up to 2000 mm. We provide the following types of Windshifters: