Nihot Rotary Air Separator (RAS)
The Nihot Rotary Air Separator (RAS) separates waste materials (fractions) from the conveying airflow by passing it over a perforated screen.
A few advantages of the Nihot Rotary Air Separator:
- It has a stainless steel separator screen to prevent dust to become electro static, i.e. self cleaning.
- Fully sealed, dust free operation.
- 3 large hatches for easy access for inspection/maintenance purposes.
Applications Rotary Air Separator
The Rotary Air Separator is applied:
- As a stand alone system in specific airflows like paper or cardboard. Possible to place it directly above a baler.
- In combination with a Nihot Windshifter to separate the light fraction from the airflow.
- To separate any light fraction from the exhaust airflow from a Windshifter and/or Drum Separator to prevent particles to enter the filter unit.
For smaller volumes, a Rotary Air Separator can be used in combination with a Nihot Windshifter.
Typical applications Rotary Air Separator
in main airflows:
in secondary airflows:
How does the RAS function?
The waste materials are separated from the conveying airflow by passing it over a perforated screen.
- The clean airflow is discharged horizontally into a filter unit or returned to the main air system in close loop.
- The separated materials are vertically discharged via a rotary valve for further processing.
The Nihot Rotary Air Separators are supplied in various sizes ranging from 22.000 m3/h up to 55.000 m3/h airflow. Those type of separators process fractions from 5 up to 200 mm.